Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sad Day







So I lost one of the kids in my classroom. He has been removed permanently from his home. He is in foster care but his aunt in Washington is planning to adopt him. I am so sad that he will be uprooted from the consistency at school an really hope that his new family treats him good. The poor baby has been through so much already..........(sad sigh) :(






Much more has happened this week. A brutal beating took place in a home with two children present that attend our program. A dad had a seizure in my classroom and a mom told me how she was brutally raped and battered to the point of being on life support for a few weeks. Some days I don't feel strong enough to absorb it all.






On the brighter side my sweet little 21 month old boy is starting to talk! He now says night, night, hot, mom, daddy, ball and TIFF! Yippeee. He just started talking this week. Now if we could get him to walk....... We have special help coming in to the class for my 2 1/2 year old delayed girl. This week she has started repeating some sounds! She says doo for done and millll for milk.






I know all of the kids in my care have suffered trauma but they are learning and safe at school. I try to remind myself that as much as I can. I will miss my buddy and pray that he is safe.

4 comments:

  1. you are amazing tiffy! what a difference you are making in those kids lives. i'm so proud of my little tiffy all grown up and savin' the world! love ya! randi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have said this before but they are SO lucky to have you! And you are lucky to have them, also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. that is hard. you are stronger than you think. they ARE lucky to have you. i know no one with a bigger heart (and tanner legs or silkier hair) than you. You are awesome and my heart goes out to those kiddies. Good job taking such good care of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffy, you are amazing! I am so amazed at how much love you have to give. It is a gift. And those kids are sooooo lucky!

    ReplyDelete